Javascript is vital for the advanced features in this website such as Property Search. Please enable or upgrade your browser
The Blue Light Pub, Sandyford- 008 by Chris McMorrow Click image to enlarge. * Where we have shown images of artwork framed or within room sets these have been created using virtual software and are intended to provide an idea of the style of framing and/or the scale of the artwork in relation to furniture. They should not be viewed as completely accurate to scale and the colours may vary. We can send photographs of the artwork in its frame by request.
The frame images used are digital and are similar to the real ones but not the exact same. However the sizes are correct.
  • Title:
  • The Blue Light Pub, Sandyford- 008
  • Artist:
  • Chris McMorrow
  • Medium:
  • Limited Edition Print
  • Desc:
  • The Blue Light pub was built in the 18th century from hand-cut stone in Barnacullia – meaning ‘top of the woods’ in Gaelic – a small village community beside the old granite quarries in the Dublin Mountains.

    Because taxes on imported spirits were so high in the 1700's, smuggling of alcohol was rife and under cover of darkness, when customs officials were not around, the locals would light a blue ship’s lantern at the front of the pub which could be seen by the smuggler boats, below in Dublin Bay. The Blue Light shining from the mountaintop signalled to them that it was safe to come ashore and haul their contraband up to Barnacullia.

    Today there are no smugglers but there is still a clear view of the bay, enjoyed by a loyal eclectic patronage from all over the county and beyond, especially popular with the biker crowd.
  • Options:
  • Price:
  • €95